Monday, December 24, 2012

Episode 12 - Daniel


Daniel is like a guy best friend to me. Apparently, Adelyndon’t agree to it.

“A guy and a girl can never be bestfriend only. One day oneof them will sure to fall in love with the other one, ” Adelyn said when I keptstressing on how good friends we are.

I agree to that as Rhea once said “In love, always expectthe unexpected” But I’m still not ready to open up my feelings to anyone yet.

A loud vibrations felt inside my pocket. A smile on my face.I answered the phone call.

“Hey. How’s your presentation just now?” Daniel asked.

“Its okay. Thanks for asking!” I loved it everytime beforeor after he would ask me about my presentation.

“Okay. Meet for dinner after your baking class?”

“Sounds like a perfect plan” I accepted the offer this timeround.

Knowing him for almost 2 months now, I can say that Danielis a good man. But never judge a book by its cover. Just like what happened betweenme and Kevin. He was nice to me at first and then he change for I don’t know whatreason. I fear that history will repeat itself.

Pak Salleh picked me up from school to my baking class. 15minutes drive and 20 minutes from home. I need to get a car license soon. I can’ttrouble Pak Salleh everytime. He had to send Mom to work every morning and thenpick me up from home to school. Then if Mak Ima need to run errands, he had tosend her too. And then with a little rest, he needs to pick me up if I have notrack training . But if I have track training, he would pick Mom up from work. IfI have track training or baking class or gym session, he would have to pick meup too. And the routine continues. I know it is tiring for him and he isalready in his mid 40s. He should get some rest.

I got in the front seat. I never regard him as my driver buthe is more like a father-figure to me as my real father is in Singapore. I wonderhow Dad is doing in Singapore. I miss my family.

“Nisa. You forgot your baking tools this morning. I put itin the back seat,” Pak Salleh told me.

‘Phew’ for a moment, I forgot about my baking tools.

“Thank you Pak Salleh! I totally forgot about it. Thank you,”Im always thankful to Pak Salleh. He is my hero . Okay, too dramatic Nisa.

Pak Salleh just smiled.
“Oh and today you don’t have to pick me up after my class. I’mgoing for dinner with Daniel. I told Mom already,” I informed Pak Salleh.

He just nod his head. And in no time, he stopped the car in frontof ‘Velvet Love’. 4 hours of baking lets go! Proper use of fondant is theagenda for today! I entered the baking kitchen. Seem like I am the latest fortoday.

“Okay class, since everyone is here. Let’s get started!” MsMary spoke.

“Please take a cake at that corner over there. Get back toyour station after that and wait for the next instruction,” She ordered.

Soon, I was too concentrated in doing my work that I didn’t seethe clock ticking fast.

“Okay that is all for today class. I hope you guys had thebasic of fondant today. Next week we will be making designs with fondant forall types of cake. See you all next week,” Ms Mary dismissed the class. 

Yay!Class is over! I packed my cake, took off my apron and left the kitchen in notime.
As soon as I got out from the shop, I saw Daniel standingthere with his back facing me. Exactly the way I like a man to pose. ‘Nisa, geta grip of yourself!’

“Hey! Did you wait long?” I asked him. I feel bad of makinghim wait for me.

“Nah no. 15 minutes. I was being too fast.” He giggled itaway. I love to see everytime he smile as he shows off his dimples.

“Haha. Where are we going?” I asked. I was hoping secretlythat he would bring me to Grey Papaya. I am craving for that please.

“A surprise.”

I sat in the car singing along to Everything had Changed byTaylor Swift and Ed Sheeran.
‘ I just wanna knowyou better now, I just wanna know you better now, know you, know you’

“Yes I wanna know you better too” Daniel replied.
I was taken aback. 

No comments:

Post a Comment